Player Agents are a collection of informed parents and PGA Golf Professionals with first-hand experience in Player Development from Entry Level to the highest level of Competitions/Junior Golf Tours to assist in preparation for high school golf and the possibility of college golf scholarships.
Player Agents will be equipped to :
- Point out IRGF and other program opportunities in Indian River County and beyond.
- Assist players to connect with area PGA/LPGA golf professionals and golf facilities.
- Offer suggestions on the various levels of tournaments to participate.
- Being available to make sure all questions are answered relative to Player Development.
Player Development Information Meetings will be conducted on Wednesdays (after school) and Saturday (afternoons).
The goal of the Player Agent Program is to provide young players a smooth transition from Entry Level to Intermediate Level, and if desired, to the Competition/Tour Level. Player Agents will work with area golf professionals in establishing a player development “road-map” of TRAINING – PRACTICES – COMPETITIONS for each player. Player progress will be noted for possible adjustments.
Since this is the first program of its kind, it will take some time to develop. Based upon early feedback, we feel it should prove to be very beneficial to individual players and parents.
Note: Please see the listing of current IRGF Player Agents. Additional spots are open for those with extensive experience and would like to serve in this capacity.
2014 IRGF Player Agents
|Bob Hiller, Chairman
| Roger Van Dyke
| Mellisa Toperzer
|Thom and Jennifer Chester
Don Meadows – Advisory to Player Agent Program
Mark Cammarene – IRGF Player’s Club Coach/Player Agent Advisor
Joe Kern – IRGF Player’s Club Coach/Player Agent Advisor
Ask a Player Agent about other initiatives of the IRGF Player’s Club:
- Opportunities for Part-Time Jobs at area golf facilities & IRGF
- Career Opportunities in the Golf Business
- Opportunities to “Give-Back” to the game through the IRGF Community Service Credits
- How to put together a video for college recruiting purposes
- Importance of developing Valuable Life Skills
- Recommended Progression from the Learning Stages to Tournament Golf – Elementary – Middle School – High School